BLUE HOLE SWIM SEASON INFORMATION
Blue Hole Regional Park is a natural, spring-fed swimming hole lined with the iconic Cypress Trees located deep in the heart of the Texas Hill Country. The whole family will enjoy swimming in crystal clear water, sunbathing on the grassy swim lawn, and of course, swinging on our famous rope swings!
Reservations are required for the swim area only. All other recreational areas including our hiking trails, playground, and picnic areas are free, open to the public, and do not require reservations.
The threat of high bacteria levels, other pollutants, and poor visibility conditions are unsafe for swimming. These threats are beyond our control and individuals making a reservation understand that the swimming area may be closed if these threats are present. We will monitor those conditions daily and update information on our website and social media pages.
Reservations for day passes open March 1st
MAKE A RESERVATION FOR A DAY PASS HERE
- Everyday May 1st through September 4th
- Weekends in September
- 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
DAY PASS TIME SLOTS
- 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. & 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- From 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. the swimming area is closed, expect for season pass holders.
- If you would like to stay all day with a day pass, you must reserve both time slots.
- A season pass allows access to the swim area during the entirety of the swim open hours.
FEE SCHEDULE FOR SWIM DAY PASSES
PRICE PER SLOT NON-RESIDENT
PRICE PER SLOT WIMBERLEY RESIDENT
60 and up
13 to 59
4 to 12
3 and under
No reservation needed - free
REFUNDS FOR SWIM DAY PASSES
- Reservations can only be canceled, not modified to a different date or time.
- Day pass reservations can be canceled for a 75% refund up to a week before the date and time of the reservation. Cancellations can be made by clicking the link in the invoice sent to your email.
- Reservations cannot be canceled less than a week before the date and time that the reservation is scheduled.
- If the swimming area is closed for 2 hours or more during your reservation due to lightning, guests will receive a 100% refund.
- If Blue Hole closes due to unsafe swimming conditions including but not limited to flooding conditions, high bacteria levels, or low visibility, all guests with day passes will receive a 100% refund.
- Blue Hole does not close for rain.
- If lightning comes within a 10-mile radius, the swimming area will be evacuated and closed for 30 minutes. If the swimming area is closed for 2 hours or more during your reservation, day pass holders will receive a 100% refund.
- Please be advised the entire park, including the swim area, is subject to closure during severe weather and for special events approved in advance by the City of Wimberley.
- Jacob’s Well is the primary spring source of water into Cypress Creek. However, Cypress Creek has many seeps and springs in the creek bed. Because of this, the Blue Hole swimming area may remain open even if Jacob’s Well is closed.
- Swimming access at Blue Hole is contingent on precipitation and groundwater flow. If bacteria and/or visibility conditions become unsafe, swimming will be suspended.
- We will monitor those conditions daily and update information on our website and social media pages.
The swimming area is an ecologically sensitive area. Please keep the following rules in mind before making a reservation.
- Pets (of any nature) are not allowed in the swim lawn area. They are allowed in all other areas of the park.
- Tree jumping/climbing will not be tolerated. Passes will be revoked for this infraction.
- Children under 13 years old must be accompanied by an adult at all times while in the swim area.
- No stakes will be allowed to be inserted into the ground in the swim area.
- No glass containers or alcohol.
- No BBQ grills.
- No smoking or vaping.
- No fishing.
- No kayaks, stand-up paddleboards, or extra-large inflatables.
- Swim at your own risk.
Ice chests with picnic lunches, camp chairs, 12 by 12 feet or smaller pop-up shade tents, floats, and inner tubes are permitted in Blue Hole.